Echolette Echo 400, very good cosmetic condition and superb working order. Recently had a total electrical and mechanical overhaul & the results are stunning....Read more
Echolette Echo 400 tape echo for sale in very good cosmetic condition and superb working order.
Soundgas are vintage echo experts - we specialise in Binsons, Copicats, Rolands, and Echoplexes.
It's just back from a full service with our tape echo expert, new tape has been fitted and it is sounding excellent.
Made in Germany, this is very similar to the Dynacord EC-504 and features the same high quality components and excellent build quality that these German units are renowned for.
It's in good condition for its 30+ years (click on the photos to zoom in), but the real revelation is just how great this one sounds.
The reverb setting is not altogether convincing, but the multi-head delay patterns are excellent. There are four trim pots on the rear which allow a tremendous amount of control over levels and balance: it can take some time to set up for optimum operation but the results are stunning- the repeats are really superb in quality when the levels are correctly-set. There's no vari-speed, but that's the case for many classic echo units: you just play the machine.
The following description from Robert L's Synths about the EC-504 also sums this up well:
"Dynacord EC-504 (EchoCord) is a famous Dynacord tape echo. Placed in a rack mount unit (2 HE) with a total of 6 heads and a full control over all 4 playback heads, it has two modes of operation -- echo and reverberation. Both is produced using the analog tape as a memory. This unit will enable you to produce many echoing combinations unattainable by any other system, including the digital ones. The echoes are vivid and clean, yet with the special analog warmth and naturalness! The sound is definitely different from Roland units, and by many lovers of old and analog sound the Dynacord echoes are considered better in some acoustical aspects. High quality heads for prolonged live, robust German made electromotors and top quality electronics, make this unit a true choice for analog echoes and reverberations."
There are no known operational faults with this unit.
(Please note: it is always possible with vintage equipment that some crackly pots/sliders may develop over time when equipment has not been used - even during shipping - this can usually be easily rectified either by use or judicious application of suitable switch-cleaning spray).
It has an IEC socket and switchable power supply so can be used anywhere in the world without a transformer.
Additional tapes are available if required.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.