UPDATE – we now stock the Echosex 2º pedal from Gurus Amps, an Italian-made reincarnation of the Binson Echorec sound in pedal form. Doesn't do everything a Binson does but the sound is right and... it's only £279. See our full Echosex listing and video demos here.
Here we have a valve (tube) Binson Echorec 2 model T7E disc echo from the early/mid sixties in good cosmetic condition (see the many detailed photos). Well set-up Echorec 2s from the early-mid sixties can sound better than later machines if they’ve not had a hard life. This one does not disappoint, and though it has a few cosmetic issues, sonically it’s very good indeed.
It has just had a full service/restoration with our Binson specialist and is in superb working order.
It works brilliantly and sounds fantastic - whoever buys this will be getting a great machine in top operational condition which should give many years good service.
The T7E Echorec 2 is one of the finest machines Binson produced and this is an excellent example.
It has been converted to ¼" jack inputs/outputs and the mains socket is now an earthed IEC socket to comply with modern safety requirements.
The lid and brackets that hold the plexiglass fascia in place have been painted a different shaed of ‘gold’ and the knobs are not original. There’s a star-shaped mark under the name Binson on the front panel. Otherwise there are the usual marks, scratches and oxidation to the painted finish. It’s an original Italian model, so the control descriptions are in Italian.
The combination of valve preamp, well-engineered 'tape' stages and a subtle dose of true analogue 'warble' create a mesmerising sound that's utterly-addictive and unmistakably-Binson. Add the Swell (Alo) setting with its unique reverb-like Binson 'bloom', and it's no wonder that a well set-up Binson is a go-to recording and mix effect for top engineers and producers. The Echo/Repeat/Swell (Eco/Rip/Alo) control switches between a single echo, multiple repeats or swell settings, with the Length Of Swell (Lungh Alo) pot controlling the amount of feedback - from minimal subtlety to frenzied cosmic mayhem...
It sounds wonderful and inspires creativity when you play through it - whoever buys this will be getting a great machine in top operational condition which should give many years good service.
The motor starts well and the disc spins smoothly and quietly (some machines can require a nudge to get started if they've not been used for many months). It will go into self-oscillation if required (this can be adjusted via the internal trimpot) and is capable of all sorts of cosmic noises - Binsons do tend to encourage experimental noise-mongering. The repeats are not hifi - this is after all 50 year-old technology - if you want perfect repeats, buy a digital delay. It sounds fantastic and inspires creativity when you play through it - being a good quality valve unit, it also sounds wonderful as a pre-amp.
There are currently no operational issues with this unit at all, but please be aware that these units require looking after and that regular maintenance is the key to keeping this in good working order.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.