Returns & Refunds
Sometimes things go wrong. And sometimes the piece of gear just isn’t right for you. This page should provide all the information you need under those circumstances, but if anything about a possible fault or return is not clear please do get in touch: your complete satisfaction is our priority.
Note that some details of our policy vary depending on whether the item in question is new or used. See below for details.
Summary: We aim to remove much of the risk of buying vintage gear unseen by offering an international return/refund option, provided you advise us of your intention to return within 14 days of receiving the gear (shipping costs excluded outside mainland UK/EU). You have 14 days to unpack, inspect, test and assess your purchase; if for any reason it does not meet your needs, you must advise us within this period and follow our returns procedure. Failure to return goods in accordance with our instructions/guidelines and in a timely fashion could result in a restocking fee of up to 25% being charged, or in more extreme cases, the return being refused. Many items are warrantied against faults for longer periods (see the item listings and also Our Guarantee). Read on for full returns terms, conditions and procedures.
Our returns policy is 14 days, but we will always endeavour to seek a mutually satisfactory solution to any issues that arise. If 14 days have elapsed from receipt of goods, we reserve the right to refuse a refund or exchange,
You must retain the original packing materials and utilise them for any return – if this is not possible, you must return goods using packaging that matches the level of protection we employ: failure to do so may result in us refusing the return.
Goods must be returned in the same condition as supplied to remain eligible for a full refund.
Important: in the case of new items, they must also be in the original packaging which, aside from any seals etc, must also be in mint condition (please take care with this); we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 25% if this is not adhered to.
Damaged / Faulty Items:
Our packing is second-to-none, and physical damage in transit is rare. However, vintage gear (and sometimes new gear) does not always travel well. Shipping complex, delicate equipment via courier can never be failsafe, and we expect our customers to recognise this and work with us should things go wrong.
In the event that an item is damaged in transit, or develops a fault within warranty, we reserve the right to ship the item back and make a full refund. It does not always make economic or environmental sense to ship internationally for repair.
We can’t keep a claim for damage/fault open indefinitely once we have advised the course of action to resolve it. We will keep the claim open for four weeks from the end of the initial 14 day assessment period. We need buyers to maintain communications during this period, and if communication stops, or if after that period the repair has not been initiated, the return booked or other progress made we may cancel the claim.
IMPORTANT: If there are signs of physical damage to a package on receipt, please take photos of the packaging and, where possible, sign with a note saying ‘package damaged’ or ‘unchecked’. Take photos while unpacking in case we need to make a claim. Advise us immediately that there is a problem. We will be quick, efficient and polite throughout and customers who behave likewise receive the best outcomes.
- Sign for parcel as ‘unchecked’ or ‘damaged’.
- Keep all packaging – this is essential to make an insurance claim if needed.
- Photograph any damage to packaging and to the item.
- Send us the info and photos
- We will arrange the return or repair of the item (or if damage is minor we may discuss a partial refund if this is deemed a suitable course of action by all concerned).
- We will organise the pick up by our couriers if possible (exceptions for some countries).
- On return we will assess and report back to you and discuss the next steps.
- In the case of serious damage, we may have no option but to make a refund or (at our discretion) offer a replacement.
- We will advise time required to complete any repairs.
- Keep all packaging! You may need it to return the item.
- Send us an email with as much information as possible.
- Video with audio is usually very helpful, but it may be better to wait for our reply so we can detail what we need to see.
- User error! This happens to us all occasionally – no shame involved – we’d rather you got in touch and let us help rectify any issues than risk disappointment. If your “fault” is down to settings, connections etc, we’re happy to assist.
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Tape loops & consumables
In the case of new items, please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Book with obvious signs of use
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any new item where packaging is not in perfect condition.
- Any item where you initiate the return process more than 14 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable):
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment, within 3 working days, or we may offer a store credit (at our/your discretion/agreement).
Late or missing refunds (if applicable):
- If you haven’t received a refund, please first recheck your account.
- Contact your credit card company or bank, it can take 3-4 days for a refund to show.
- If you’ve done this and you still have not received your refund, please contact us at [email protected]
Sale items (if applicable):
Sale/reduced price items are not eligible for refund (this does not affect any statutory rights).
Exchanges (if applicable):
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at [email protected] and send your item with the returns authorisation number to:
RETURNS Soundgas Limited 21c Coasthill, Crich MATLOCK DE4 5DS UK
Do not ship any item to us until you have received email confirmation from us that we are ready to receive it. We will not accept responsibility for any item returned without prior agreement from us and require advice of tracking information.
To return your product, you should mail your product (clearly marked inside the package with your details and return authorisation) to:
MATLOCK DE4 5DS
The buyer is responsible for shipping costs (except faulty/damaged goods). Shipping costs are non-refundable. The cost of shipping will be deducted from any refund.
Depending on your location and shipping method, exchange/repair item delivery times may vary.
You are responsible for choosing a suitable shipping service with full tracking and insurance. Should your item be lost or damaged during return shipping, we accept no responsibility – you will need to reclaim costs/compensation from your chosen carrier so pack well and use a reliable service! Items sent without tracking/insurance will void any returns/warranty obligations on our part.