The service is complete, it is in full working order, and looks truly superb. We are going to be giving it some thorough further testing over the next couple of weeks. If you have previously emailed about it then you will receive an update - if not then now is the time to get in touch!...Read more
**NOW SOLD - if you are looking for a CS-80 then sign up for our mailing list to be kept updated on our incoming gear, or contact us direct now. Likewise if you have a CS-80 you are looking to sell then we can help you with getting it serviced and then achieving the best price. **
Now back with us and fully restored.
These are the first shots of the restored synth (the first one taken on the engineer's bench). Note that it still needs a final clean of the face. Full photo set to follow plus video of it in action.
The service is complete, it is in full working order, and looks truly superb. The full service report is at the bottom of this listing. We are going to be giving it some thorough further testing over the next couple of weeks. If you have previously emailed about it then you will receive an update - if not then now is the time to get in touch!
Serial Number is 1406.
Here are a series of short videos of it we just posted to social media (hit the arrow on the right to go through them. No sound - just showing condition):
It's real and it lives! The much-rumoured CS-80 is just back from a full overhaul. Available now - ⬆️See the link in our bio for details⬆️ Looks pretty epic - now all we need to do is get it up the stairs to the studio for testing... #yamaha #cs80 #vintagesynth #synthesizer
A post shared by Soundgas Limited (@soundgasltd) on
Commission sale on behalf of a client - it came to us from France and has been restored for us in the UK.
If you have gear you want us to look at selling on your behalf please get in touch.
Shipping is for guidance only and likely to be incorrect for an instrument requiring the specialist handling that this will need. Note that we are happy to deal with shipping this item to you (including a bespoke crate as needed), but are not able to provide individual quotes for every enquiry. When making your offer you should keep in mind approximate additional costs of £150 to the UK, £250-£700 to Europe and £700 to possibly over £1000 to North America (but note these figures are strictly for guidance only!).
- Unit brought in droning on both card banks. Modification fitted to the KAS board to show which voice is triggered via LED causing problems. Remove modification and tidy up soldering. No drone but voice 2 on bank II missing. State variable filter IC10 with large positive DC offset. Replaced and cutoff point re-trimmed.
- Unit will not control bank I in panel mode. Wire from BA board to 10.5V supply pin on potentiometer chain snapped off. Solder blue wire to back onto VR24 pin 3.
- Remove PSU and rebuild. Replace all electrolytic capacitors, mains lead and rewire transformer for UK line voltage. Change spark suprression capacitor, downrate mains line fuse to 1.25AT.
- No velocity control on key D5. IC4 on TSB board changed and key contacts cleaned.
- Whilst running soak test unit issued strange noise and stopped responding to keystrokes. Key assigner LSI not issuing trigger voltages or key selection pulse trains due to low master clock amplitude (below 6V). IC8 on KBC2 buffer input loading clock oscillator output, replac. After failure after touch and initial touch both not working. IC8 and IC10 failing to provide a buffer from the clock line and hence not providing correct addressing for the multiplexed bus. Both ICs changed.
- Address issues with noise from control panel controls. Rebuild sustain and glassando slide pots as closed to being jammed.
- Test control panel functions and address issue as necessary. Retune all 16 oscillators. Check filter tuning and other key parameters. Clean unit both inside and out. Clean rear panel jacks. Final test.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.