Exceptional, near mint cosmetic condition; serviced and in perfect working order. Has to be seen! This synth will be serviced to our usual high standard but what sets this example apart from the others of these that we see (when we see them - they are not common - is this mostly Nils Frahm's fault??) is the condition. The paintwork and especially the end cheeks are generally in superb condition with only minor signs of age - it's got to be as good an example as you could wish to find....Read more
Exceptional, near mint cosmetic condition; serviced and in perfect working order..
100v Japanese model. Step-down transformer included for UK/EU customers. See below for more voltage info.
FOR SALE NOW BY SEALED BID AUCTION.
Bids close Friday 18th May 2pm GMT
Send bids by email - reserve price on this item is £2000 (+VAT). Winning bidder only pays £50 more than the next bid. See below or this link for more information on the auction process. (Note that for sales within the EU this item will have VAT charged on top of the final sale price unless you can provide valid EU VAT details.)
This Juno 60 will be serviced to our usual high standard, but what sets this example apart from most (when we manage to find them - they are becoming increasingly-hard to find - is this mostly Nils Frahm's fault??) is the condition. The paintwork and especially the end cheeks are overall in superb condition with only minor signs of age. It's as good an example as you could wish to find.
The only signs of age are some darkening of the paler coloured switches/buttons; a small scratch above the Chorus section; a tiny blemish on the edge of the modulation section; a small scuff of the back of the unit, under the Roland text; a couple of barely-visible nicks in the 'wooden' end cheeks. Please see photos for more information on cosmetic condition, including internal shots taken during the service.
Price includes VAT at 20% (for sales in UK/EU) - buyers outside the EU please contact us for tax-free prices. VAT-free sales possible to businesses and individuals in the EU with a valid VAT Number.
There are no known faults with this synth - the patch memory system is working fine and is chock-full of the glorious analogue sounds which make these classic Junos so highly-regarded and sought-after. In use, sliders, pots and buttons move smoothly and noiselessly. (Please note: it is always possible with vintage equipment that some crackly pots/sliders may develop over time when equipment has not been used - even during shipping - this can usually be easily rectified either by use or with a bit of switch-cleaning spray).
- 100v Japanese model
- For UK/ EU customers (220/240v supplies) we will supply a high quality step-down transformer free of charge with your purchase - let us know if this is not required.
- On North American mains (115/120v supplies) this unit will run without a transformer (we run all our tests using 120v power); however, a step-down transformer is recommended for extended use - we recommend these.
- We do not recommend using cheap generic Chinese mains transformers - please ask if you have any questions about powering this unit.
Don't want to miss rare items like these? Our mailing list is where they are posted first - you can sign up here.
How the sealed bid auction works:
- All bids are by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bidding closes on Friday 18th May 2pm GMT.
- Up to that point you can revise your bid at any time.
- Buyers in the EU will be charged 20% VAT on the final sale price. All bids submitted are EXCLUDING tax and shipping.
- Reserve price on this item is £2000 (ex VAT & shipping)
- The winning bidder will pay no more than £50 above the next highest bid (if the difference is less than £50 they will simply pay their full bid amount).
- No details of the other bids will be disclosed to any potential bidder while the auction is running.
- The winning bidder will need to pay shipping on top - please ask if you need an estimate.
- The winning bidder will be notified by email within 2 hours of the end of the auction.
- In the event that the winning bidder cannot make payment for the item within 48 hours of the end of the auction we reserve the right to offer the item to the next highest bidder.
MORE JUNO-60 INFO
Prices of Juno 60s have rocketed in recent years (still looking at you Nils Frahm) and continue to rise: to these ears both the 6 and 60 have that larger than life analogue magic, and sound richer and deeper than the 106; both have the wonderful arpeggiator, but the 60 has the advantage of the patch memory system, which makes it so easy to spend hours programming and saving sounds for swift recall at a later date. Far more than just an investment - it's a great-sounding instrument that's a pleasure to use. Like all old Junos, it's not daunting to program and rewards the user with a broad palette of rich, analogue goodness - I can lose myself for hours programming and playing these babies during testing.
Juno 60s are increasingly hard to find in this condition: whilst we wouldn't describe it as mint - that term is reserved for very rare examples that appear to be completely as new - overall it is in exceptionally good order indeed for a thirty year-old synth
If you want on-board Midi, then the best non-invasive way of achieving this is using a CHD Elektroservis DCB Midi controller - or Kenton's DCB midi controller is a good non-invasive Midi solution.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.