Occasionally we sell rare or unusual items by sealed bid auction. Here below are the terms for how these auctions work. Please contact us if you have any questions about this process.
How the sealed bid auction works:
- All bids are by email to email@example.com
- Bidding closes at a time and date, as specified in the listing for the item.
- Up to that point you can revise your bid at any time.
- No details of the other bids will be disclosed to any potential bidder while the auction is running.
- The winning bidder will be notified by email within 2 hours of the end of the auction.
- The winning bidder will pay no more than £50 above the next highest bid (if the difference is less than £50 they will simply pay their full bid amount).
- The winning bidder will need to pay shipping on top - please ask if you need an estimate.
- If the item attracts VAT withing the EU then all bids will be regarded as free of VAT. 20% VAT will then be added onto the final price in the event that the winner is within the EU (VAT-free sales are possible to EU businesses that can supply valid tax information).
- In the event that the winning bidder cannot make payment for the item within 48 hours of the end of the auction we reserve the right to offer the item to the next highest bidder.