A fully featured, high-end recreation of the Binson Echorec T7E in pedalboard-friendly format. Delivery by mid June - demos below....Read more
If you're looking for the authentic sound of a well-calibrated valve Binson Echorec 2, then our original restored machines are still the only way to truly achieve this.
However, if you're looking for a pedalboard-friendly and maintenance-free recreation of the classic Echorec 2 at a fraction of the cost of the original, then the Gurus Echosex 2º T7E is the way forward.
Please note, that this unit requires a 12V 500mA DC (negative tip) power supply - these are not included in the sale.
Below is Gurus' description from their product launch information:
Much more than just a "recreation" of the legendary Binson Echorec 2. Gurus have taken all that they learned with their multi-award-winning "single tap" Echosex 2 pedal and developed a version that gives full access to the range of sounds a Binson is capable of with 4 "heads" available. But they've done more than that, keeping the musicality and creativity of the Echorec, but upgraded to meet the needs of today's musicians.
They had three main goals:
1) No mechanical parts in movement: absolute reliability in any condition, with no maintenance needed.
2) Improved Audio Quality: The insane frequency response of the Echosex 2° T7E, from 7Hz to 161KHz, and the DI Wet Out, make it a modern piece of gear, able to be connected to today highest professional studio grade devices.
3) With the “Motor Adj.” you have the possibility to increase the overall delay time, reaching around 740ms keeping the Heads in Sync, making it suitable for a larger number of musical applications than it’s predecessor.
More on each of those points below, but first here's a screen grab from the pdf of the manual we received so you can see the controls in full:
It is designed to have ALL the same features of the Binson. In addition it has the beautiful Age of Damage as on the standard Echosex - mimics the wearing out and that beautiful modulation/pitch shifting of old units.
They also improved the overall performance, engineering a new preamp section, a new power section and many parts, creating the best product they have ever produced (which is saying something given how many awards they have already received).
More on what they did and how they got there (from the manual):
- No mechanical parts means no maintenance needed, and this was the main issue for that kind of unit, and it was simply the best engineering way in the 50’s, but today, we have better ways to be used to reproduce the magic without keep the pain of maintenance.
- Improving the Audio Quality was another important goal for us, as the quality of studio gear in the digital era needs very high quality standard for any device, so, we chose to design a Pure Class A preamp section made by Cascode J-FET to obtain the insane 7Hz to 161000 Hz @1db. frequency response range. So an outstanding linearity. This LET came out the Magic of the “old Italian Echo” in any condition.
- With our ﬁrst Echosex 2° we already demonstrated how that kind of magic could be great if applied to modern needs, by extending the delay time ability to 660ms. Imagine that it is used in records like Toto by Steve Lukather that use it for ALL of his soloing.. he would have never use an “old Italian Echo” because it was not suitable for that kind of use having a limited time of 350ms.. So we chose to add also this feature to actual T7E model, and extend its possibilities by the heads combinations. With the Motor Adj. trimpot you can extend the overall delay time, keeping all the combinations syncd. It’s like physically moving the heads around the spinning drum, keeping the same distance from each other…
- Comes with a 2 year warranty from Gurus
- Requires a 9-12V DC (negative tip) power supply (400mA at 9V, 500mA at 12V) - we can advise on or supply what you need for this.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.