Brand: EarthQuaker Devices
Built upon the same proprietary DSP architecture as the Avalanche Run, Pyramids is a Stereo Flanging Device with five user-definable presets, eight flanger modes, tap tempo, tap subdivision via the Rate & Tap mini-toggle, a multifunction Modify control, positive and negative feedback, and a variable Mix control....Read more
- £265.83 ex VAT (£319.00 inc VAT )
Built upon the same proprietary DSP architecture as the smash-hit Avalanche Run, Pyramids is a Stereo Flanging Device with five user-definable presets (a first for any EarthQuaker Devices pedal!), eight flanger modes, tap tempo, tap subdivision via the Rate & Tap mini-toggle, a multifunction Modify control, positive and negative feedback, and a variable Mix control, which is something you don’t see on a flanger every day.
• True stereo flanging device with 8 Flanger modes
• Five user-definable presets
• Tap tempo and tap subdivisions
• Flexi-switch for latch and momentary operation
• True bypass - silent soft-touch switching with all-analog dry signal path
• Stereo I/O and top mounted jacks
• Expression and CV connectivity - ideal for both guitar and synth use
Pyramids “Activate” foot-switch features EarthQuaker Devices’ exclusive Flexi-SwitchTM technology. This relay-based true-bypass switching platform allows for momentary or latching operation, making it easier than ever to engage the effect to bedazzle individual notes or phrases! For standard latching operation, tap the foot-switch to activate the effect and tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, simply hold down the foot-switch for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Release the foot-switch to bypass.
Pyramids eight flanger modes are:
- Classic: delivers the “classic” (duh) jet-plane liquid-silk flanging sound we all know and love. In this mode, Pyramids recreates the studio-quality sounds of old-school ADT (automatic double tracking) as heard on timeless recordings by those fabulous mop-tops from England (you know which ones) and on the most ripping double-tracked riffs to come from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.
- Through-Zero: provides authentic tape-style flanging without all the calibration, biasing, demagnetising of heads, and so on that a real tape machine - two of ‘em, actually - requires. Use Through-Zero Mode to achieve intensified, swirling, dramatic phase cancellation and comb-filtering effects in stereo!
- Barber Pole (Up or Down): infinitely sweeping upward or downward flanging effect with no discernible beginning, middle, or end creating an “endless circular staircase” effect derived from the Shephard Tone auditory illusion popularised in television, video games, and film.
- Trigger (Up or Down): In this mode, Pyramids provides an infinitely upward or downward sweeping flanger that restarts the flange cycle with each new pick attack or by pressing the Tap/Trigger foot-switch.
- Step: sweeps up and down in stepped increments, producing a rhythmic flange effect similar to an arpeggiator and/or sequencer on a synth instrument.
- Random: sweeps up and down in random intervals, creating a chaotic flange effect similar to a synthesizer or envelope filter’s “sample & hold” function.
To accommodate any input source, Pyramids includes stereo input and outputs which allow for a variety of routing options onstage or in the studio. Routing possibilities include: Mono in / Mono out - Mono in / Stereo out - Stereo in / Stereo out. In addition, Pyramids’ Trigger Up/Down modes allow for Side Chain Flanging, in which an external control source (drum machine, sequencer, CV) may be used to trigger the flanger while you play another instrument! In this configuration, the primary instrument is routed through the Right Input and Right Output while the control source is patched into the Left Input. Also, Pyramids’ Manual control may be modulated in all modes via expression pedal (sold separately).
Each and every Pyramids is completely assembled, wired, and tested by total human beans in the Great Sphinx of Akron, Ohio, which, coincidentally, looks exactly like the cover of Iron Maiden’s Powerslave.
Uses standard 9v power supply (included).
For sales in UK/EU the price will include VAT. VAT-free sales are possible to businesses and individuals in the EU (outside the UK) with a valid VAT Number - please get in touch if you wish to buy this way.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.