From Italy: one of a special run of only 500 tweaked versions of their Echosex 2° pedal, itself a beautiful reincarnation of the Binson Echorec in pedal form....Read more
*NOTE - this pedal has been unwrapped and trialled in the office. It has only had light use and is definitely still almost mint but we've dropped the price slightly.*
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ON THIS PEDAL!
We love this pedal, but don't take our word for it – Gilmourish.com just reviewed it and said:
From Gurus Amps in Italy we have this brand new Gurus Echosex 2º LTD - one of a special run of only 500 tweaked versions (see below for more information) of their Echosex 2° pedal, itself a beautiful reincarnation of the Binson Echorec in pedal form.
This pedal is brand new and sounds superb. We've been servicing and selling Binson disc echoes for years and the original Echosex 2 is the best pedal version we've heard -see our Binson page for the regular Echosex pedal & our other Echorec units.
So why is this one special? To celebrate Cicognani Engineering's 20th anniversary they let their pedal wizard Guglielmo imagine a perfect Echosex 2 completely focused on guitar use, simulating a perfectly restored Binson Echorec coupled with a guitar for a (in their words) "very psychedelic sound".
Made in a limited numbered series of only 500 units, with serial number engraved on top - note that the photos are of an earlier unit we sold recently.
- Custom colour with "Martellato" finishing and custom “Gurus” knobs.
- Maximum delay as a standard Binson with the common '60-'70 Mod that extends its max delay time near to 400ms.
- More focus on guitar use (fitted input impedance)
- More clarity
Plus, like all the Echosex pedals, it features a hand-selected tube used in the circuit path, Age of Damage control that emulates the sound of ageing Binsons, and the delay is fed through the tube/filter circuit for tonal enhancement. Scroll down for Youtube demos of the original Echosex 2 and more photos of this version.
Please note that there's no power supply included with the pedal: it takes a standard 9 or 12 volt centre negative supply (290mA max).
When I first got our demo unit of the original Echosex 2 we were very impressed: it's absolutely stunning - very solid build-quality and a nice heavy feel - this is a pedal that's been designed and made with love and care; this limited edition version takes all that and add some extra visual tweaks that make it a superb looking and seriously well built piece of kit. I compared the Echosex 2 against an Echorec 2 that was awaiting servicing - the Echosex really does nail that Binson sound (see the first video demo below). My only disappointment is that it doesn't model the multi-head patterns, but I guess that's a lot to ask. I think it's a no-brainer for anyone who wants an authentic Binson sound for their live rig. No specific demos of this limited version yet, but we've done some more in depth demoing of the original and we are really impressed with the sounds you can get out of this unit - there's the second of these demos also below (plenty of feedback so watch the volume) and more to follow.
We're starting to get feedback from the first batch of the "normal" Echosex pedals that have gone to customers. Here's what two of them had to say:
"Great pedal and I have tried just about every delay out there- Tony at Soundgas was great. Have been using the Echosex live now for a week or so and absolutely love it! Really warm and musical repeats and great interactive controls- It's also the coolest looking delay out there- great build and materials- tube pre is worth the price alone."
"Hi Tony, just confirming my receipt of the Echcosex2. I must say also how happy I am with it. As you mentioned its build quality is superb, but also is the sound it produces. Warm, clean and accurate. There is no noise produced by the unit, which adds to the beauty. I'm very pleased to have purchased this unit, as it has now become my main FX unit in the studio. I love it."
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.