PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a problem with this listing and it is not showing the different transformers. Please contact us direct to order the different un...Read more
- £30.00 ex VAT (£36.00 inc VAT )
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a problem with this listing and it is not showing the different transformers. Please contact us direct to order the different units.
Very high quality units suitable for vintage and pro audio use. UK or European plug on one side and Japanese socket on the other. Step down UK 240v transformers so you can use 100v equipment from Japan.
Available with UK or Euro plug and in four different output options from 50va to 500va (note that 50va is not available with the Euro plug).
We also have USA 120v to UK versions of these - listing coming soon.
We started supplying these UK-made Airlink transformers due to demand from our customers for high quality, reliable transformers to use with expensive, sensitive vintage music gear. Having had more than one piece of customers' equipment fail to function correctly due to a poorly made, cheap Chinese transformer we set out to source the very best units we could find. These are not cheap, but you undoubtedly get what you pay for (and if you've just paid a lot of money for a prize vintage piece then this is a small price to pay for optimum performance and peace of mind).
All prices include UK shipping. Shipping outside of the UK will be added at check out. If adding it to an order with another piece of gear the shipping will be adjusted accordingly.
You can buy four different units from this listing, providing different power outputs: 50vA, 100vA, 250vA or 500vA. Before purchasing you will need to check the power output of your gear - this information is usually on the back, or in the manual if you have it, otherwise you will need to go online. However if you have questions or concerns please get in touch before buying. In particular, choosing transformers for vintage amps needs to be done with care and leaving enough "headroom" in the output - get in touch if you need help (we've specialised in selling valve amps for many years so we have plenty of experience with dealing with their requirements).
The small 50vA unit will be powerful enough for many racks, synths and effects.
The 100vA and upwards are more heavy-duty pieces of kit. They are toroidal transformers suitable for professional studio applications.
It is possible to power more than one piece of gear from the higher power units - we can supply a USA/Japan 4-way to plug into your transformer (contact us direct for these). Once again we can help with advice on this.
Note that all the information about power consumption above is for guidance only. Please do your own research and ask us any questions you may have before plugging your pride and joy in for the first time.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.