Very unusual and rare TV variant of the 10 watt Westminster with original 12” ATC speaker (reconed) and completely original unusual patterned covering and AC4 style handle....Read more
Watkins 1956 Westminster TV Front
Very unusual and rare TV variant of the 10 watt Westminster with original 12” RTC speaker (reconed) and completely original unusual patterned covering and AC4 style handle. Probably one of the fabled early prototypes as this model normally had a 10” speaker and later strap handle. Speaker grille is original. Amp original except for (very early) replaced Mains transformer/tag board reposition and a few caps replaced. Very good condition. A few marks and scuffs on the covering and one repair. Includes original footswitch. An amazing find.
* Listing amended from "ATC" (was a misprint). RTC stands for Radio Television Components (also written on the label). They were based in London in the 50's apparently. Wembley Loudspeaker Services who reconed it confirmed it as genuine and right for the period. It is very similar in appearance to the early Wharfedale speakers.
This amp is part of a superb collection of early British valve amps that we are selling on consignment for a customer. He has been collecting amps for over 30 years and the above description was written by him. Click on the photos to zoom in and see many more detailed and internal shots.
Note that as they are part of a large collection which has been in storage there may be a delay in shipping if a fault is discovered in the final testing (this is not uncommon with amps that have been sat on the shelf). In the event that this happens the amp will be sent to our tech for work and we will keep you updated. If you need further information please get in touch.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.