This Vari-speed Copicat is in good working order but tired cosmetic condition (please see photos). It's had a full mechanical and electrical service and has been fitted with a three-core earthed mains cable for electrical safety - the heads have been cleaned and demagnetised and any failing parts replaced. The case is very scuffed/worn, and there are a few scuffs and scratches to the paintwork.
This isn't the most perfect IC400 we've had, but it has bags of character and is very useable - it's for someone who isn't looking for Hank Marvin style clean echoes, but wants a delay with some sonic grunge and rawness.
It's a very inspiring machine to play: I absolutely love the tone of the repeats when they break up into self-oscillation.
The echoes are reasonably even across all heads, and self-oscillate raucously when the sustain knob is turned up. The repeats have that pleasing analogue warmth that comes from tape and which sits so well behind whatever you're playing: this is not a crisp digital delay unit... A very creative tool when mixing, and great for dub-style feedback delays which sound wonderful - it's very easy to get lost creating hypnotic feedback rhythms when 'playing' this machine.
All knobs are crackle-free (some crackle may develop over time through lack of use - this is easily rectified by a few turns or in excessive cases, a squirt of switch cleaner). There are no known issues with this unit.
It is a UK 240v model so will require a step-up transformer for use in countries with 100-110v mains supplies; the UK plug will be removed for overseas deliveries unless otherwise requested (will be left on for USA/Canada/Japan).
Many Copicats on Ebay are not in great shape and (at best) need a service - this one is working fine, apart from the faults detailed, but please be aware that it is a vintage unit and may not take kindly to being shipped. It will be well-packed, but if it's not behaving as it should on receipt, please get in touch.
We are passionate about supplying high quality vintage gear to our customers and go the extra mile to ensure complete satisfaction.
Shipping discount available if paying by bank transfer.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.