In top operating condition following a full service by our tape echo specialist with various new parts as required, including new tape. Guaranteed to give reliable service. Heads in excellent condition....Read more
In top operating condition following a full service by our tape echo specialist with various new parts as required, including new tape, this classic Roland RE-301 Chorus Echo is in superb working order.
Soundgas are vintage echo experts - we specialise in Binsons, Copicats, Rolands, and Echoplexes.
The white paint legending was missing, so we have added a sticker to show settings - not the greatest solution, but practical (not an easy job to apply and there are some small creases in the sticker). The photos show this clearly - this is not a museum piece, but is an operationally-superb example - serviced by our highly experienced engineer and tested by us to our rigorous standards and at a lower price than other 301s we've sold. And of course you still get the after-sales support and guarantee of satisfaction that we back up all our Roland Echoes with.
Guaranteed to give reliable service. Heads in excellent condition.
Apart from the above issue the rest of the condition is excellent; the tolex has minor marks only and the face and interior are generally in superb condition. It has a stencilled name on the rear panel.
A functionally-excellent example of this iconic machine: Brian Setzer's favourite tape echo.
It's a Japanese unit that's been converted to 240v for use in the UK/EU without a transformer. A step up transformer would be needed for use in North America (we do not recommend using cheap Chinese transformers with vintage gear) but note that we also get 120v Roland tape echoes regularly so if you don't see one here please check our stock list or get in touch.
Please note that the instructions on the inside of the lid are in Japanese.
Price includes VAT at 20% (for sales in UK/EU) - buyers outside the EU please contact us for tax-free prices. VAT-free sales possible to businesses and individuals in the EU with a valid VAT Number.
TAPE LOOP QUALITY WARNING!
We've had great difficulties sourcing reliable and consistent quality loops over the past couple of years. We sell a lot of echoes which are all serviced and calibrated by a top echo tech. Recently we started getting a high rate of returns on machines we'd sold. It's cost us heavily in returned machines and tech time to finally track down the source of the trouble to faulty or poorly-made loops.
We've used two different and well-established suppliers and been let-down by both - neither wanted to know when we reported the issues experienced. The loops work fine initially but then fail after anything from a few hours' to several weeks’ use - the tape jams or slows when the splice is passing over the heads. We understand from several customers that they’ve experienced similar issues with the same manufacturers. If you’ve bought a machine from us and experienced these problems, please get in touch.
If you’ve experienced similar issues, please contact the suppliers - maybe they’ll listen if enough customers complain.
We've now sourced a reliable supplier who offers a great choice of quality tape stock (i.e. Capitol 500 or LGR50 for Space Echoes).
Be very careful where you buy your loops!
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.