Stunning condition, plus superb working order following a service from our echo specialist. The RE-301 is a great piece of kit: the multi-head echo combinations...Read more
Stunning condition, plus superb working order following a service from our echo specialist.
The RE-301 is a great piece of kit: the multi-head echo combinations, Accutronics powered spring reverb, Roland chorus and the Sound On Sound feature all add up to a classic piece of studio gear. A fine example of this iconic machine; Brian Setzer's favourite tape echo.
We're putting together a load of Roland Echo resources and information - differences, manuals, tips, trick and tales - have a look.
100v Japanese model. Step-down transformer included for UK/EU customers. See below for more voltage info.
We're tape and disc echo specialists with many years' experience working with and restoring these machines. Our BBC-trained engineer brings our tape delays up to (or better than) factory spec and our testing ensures machines that have superb reliability and - most important - that they sound incredible. We guarantee our tape echoes will not disappoint.
This 301 sounds great and is working perfectly; it's increasingly difficult to find any Roland Echoes as clean as this, especially the uncommon and highly-regarded 301. In top operating condition having just been serviced and calibrated for optimum performance including fitting a new tape. Ready to give reliable service.
Condition: Excellent throughout. Face has only the minor signs of age/use; tolex is clean; internal surfaces are very clean with no oxidation. The heads are in excellent condition showing low wear. Note that the instructions inside the lid are our own replacement English instructions. See photos for more information on cosmetic condition.
For sales in UK/EU the price will include VAT. VAT-free sales are possible to businesses and individuals in the EU (outside the UK) with a valid VAT Number - please get in touch if you wish to buy this way.
- 100v Japanese model
- For UK/ EU customers (220/240v supplies) we will supply a high quality step-down transformer free of charge with your purchase.
- On North American mains (115/120v supplies) this unit will run without a transformer (we run all our tests using 120v power); however, a step-down transformer is recommended for extended use - we recommend these.
- We do not recommend using cheap generic Chinese mains transformers - please ask if you have any questions about powering this unit.
We also have a very limited supply of sealed original NOS RT1-L tapes.
Roland Space and Chorus Echoes are amazing machines - if you're only going to have one tape echo, then this is the one (IMHO): the multi-head echo combinations together with a great spring reverb adds up to a classic piece of studio gear, the sound of which you've heard on countless records. It could be said that this machine is the sound of dub.
There are currently no operational issues with this machine, but please be aware that these units require looking after and that regular use and maintenance are key to keeping this in good working order
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.