Our Rolands are in demand due to the full service and set up to Roland factory spec plus our guarantee. Our echo specialist has more than 20 years experience working on these machines, including touring with top artists....Read more
The mighty Roland Space Echo. We have several machines available but this is a generic listing. We sometimes list specific machines on here, but currently the demand for our Roland Echoes is outstripping supply with most machines sold before we can get them photographed and up on the site!
**PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS LISTING! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED THEN PLEASE CONTACT US TO RESERVE ONE. PHOTOS OF OUR NEXT MACHINE ARE USUALLY AVAILABLE.**
You can see our current listed vintage tape and other echoes here, but there are always more on our full stock list; if you don't see what you are looking for then get in touch - many of our machines are sold before they ever get listed. We regularly get other Roland tape echoes: RE-301, RE-501, SRE-555 but these all sell quickly, plus some RE-101 and 150 units.
SERVICED & GUARANTEED:
One of the reasons our tape echoes are in such demand is due to the full service and set up to Roland factory spec that we do as standard. Our echo specialist has more than 20 years experience working on these machines, including touring with top artists. Your Roland will come to you in top operating condition following a full treatment with various new parts as required, including new tape. After that it will have been further tested by us, sent back to the engineer for a tweak if necessary and soak-tested over a period of days. Superb sound and reliability come as standard, and that's another reason our machines move so quickly: unlike many vintage tape echoes out there, ours are guaranteed.
The photos here are of a typical unit we sold. The cosmetic condition (and therefore price) varies, however, most of the Space Echoes we sell are in excellent cosmetic condition. It is usually expected that the unit for sale has a few minor scuffs, scratches and signs of age but nothing serious. A full set of photos and condition report will always be supplied before any machine is shipped to the buyer.
- The price you see here is for one of these "typical" excellent machines - please get in touch to check availability of machines at other prices (cheaper, more worn machines, or near mint units).
- For sales in UK/EU the price will usually include VAT. We do sometimes get VAT-free machines, and VAT-free sales are always possible to businesses and individuals in the EU (outside the UK) with a valid VAT Number - please get in touch if you wish to buy this way.
Roland Space and Chorus Echoes are amazing machines - if you're only going to have one tape echo, then this is the one (IMHO): the multi-head echo combinations together with a great spring reverb adds up to a classic piece of studio gear, the sound of which you've heard on countless records. It could be said that this machine is the sound of dub.
Here's a very quick demo of our one of machines just before shipping. If you want more like this then our instagram is usually full of Space Echoes:
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.