The finest analogue Leslie/Rotary Speaker simulation unit ever made (cost approx £700 new) and is a testament to German design and build quality. Dave Gilmour has used one as part of his live rig for many years: it just nails that Leslie sound in a way that no other rack or pedal effect can do. Tested and working perfe...Read more
The finest analogue Leslie/Rotary Speaker simulation unit ever made (cost approx £700 new) and is a testament to German design and build quality. Dave Gilmour has used one as part of his live rig for many years: it just nails that Leslie sound in a way that no other rack or pedal effect can do.
Tested and working perfectly. Condition is good, with the usual scuffs and dings. See detailed photos.
* slow/fast/off leslie speed control via front panel and/or dual foot switch (not included).
* rotor balance (hi/lo relative volume)
* pre-amp volume control
* output volume control
* one mono or three stereo separation options
* front panel LEDs show treble and bass speeds
* rear panel adjustments for fast and slow run rates
* 1/4" mono in, 1/4" stereo and mono outputs, XLR outputs
The rotor speed ramps up when started and down when stopped (and when changing from slow to fast or fast to slow) just like a real Leslie - in conjunction with the twin footswitch this can make for some wonderfully expressive playing. It sounds superb in mono, but really comes alive in stereo - a great way to breathe life and movement into a mono source - the super-stereo setting offers an ultra-wide panning effect which works well in the mix.
Both the bass and treble rotor speeds can be adjusted on the rear panel for maximum flexibility. The ability to control the unit with the twin footswitch for start/stop and fast/slow settings make this a great live tool (and a lot easier to transport than a Leslie). Naturally it works beautifully with electric organs, guitars, electric pianos, synths, bass, vocals - whatever you want to put through it. Whether you want your guitar to sound like Dave Gilmour's, your Wurli like Rick Wright's, or anything to have that swirly psychedelic vibe, this unit does the trick.
There are no known operational faults with this unit.
(Please note: it is always possible with vintage equipment that some crackly pots/sliders may develop over time when equipment has not been used - even during shipping - this can usually be easily rectified either by use or judicious application of suitable switch-cleaning spray).
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.