Brand: Dawner Prince
Viberator is the premium, stereo version of the vintage, Uni-Vibe® type phase shifter with a number of modern options....Read more
- £200.00 ex VAT (£240.00 inc VAT )
- Save £45.00
USA & CANADA CUSTOMERS ASK FOR TAX FREE PRICE
This is the Viberator - a premium, stereo version of the vintage, Uni-Vibe® type phase shifter with a number of modern options. All analogue circuitry in a very compact design.
Dawner Prince in Croatia got our attention because they made another Binson pedal - the "Boonar" - and naturally we needed to try one. The result of that was that we had to have it. Boonar pedals are now in stock. From talking to them and looking at their gear we really like how these guys think and so we're taking on some other interesting pedals that they do - as well as this pedal we've also taken on their very nice "Starla" tap tremolo.
We'll post more info and our own demo once we've had a proper play with it, but in the meantime here below is what Zoran at Dawner Prince has to say about it and a video demo. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Control adjusts the thickness and throb of the vibe (chorus) effect from subtle waving all the way to a deep and strong «heart-beat» like warble. In vibrato mode it adjusts the amount of pitch de-tuning effect.
Control adjusts the rate of the pulsations of the vibe (chorus) or vibrato effect. Viberator has an extended speed range in comparison with the original Uni-Vibe and is customized to deliver balanced rotary tones even on maximum speed setting.
Control modifies the waveform that drives internal light bulb. From perfectly symmetrical sine wave in middle pot position to distorted waveforms in either end positions, this controls is unique and provides various sound effects from true vintage vibe to a new and interesting phaser sounds.
Chorus / Vibrato switch
Selects between classic Uni-Vibe chorus and de-tuning pitch bend vibrato mode.
Vintage / Modern switch & Bright trimmer
Vintage mode engages original Uni-Vibe input circuitry resulting in a warm and slightly darker tone, while Modern mode engages input FET buffer, resulting in a more brighter overral tone. The brightness in Modern mode can be further adjusted with Bright side trimmer. This control is very useful as it allows the pedal to be matched with any amplifier and /or guitar pickups.
Viberator is the most compact vibe pedal with true stereo outputs for real 3D, rotating speaker sound. When in Chorus mode, signal at stereo output is a 'mirror image' of the signal at mono output.
We have added separate volume controls on output channels for even more versatility. Output volume levels are slightly above unity gain with controls set fully clockwise.
This input allows the speed of the effect to be controlled with an expression pedal. Viberator accepts any standard expression or volume pedals with 10K pot (e.g. Roland EV-5). Plugging in an expression pedal automatically disengages Viberator's Speed control potentiometer.
Gain & Offset
Gain and Offset control operation of the internal light bulb that illuminatates photocells and are used to set the right sweep and throb sound of the effect. Gain sets intensity range and Offset sets the balance of the sweep of the effect. These controls are factory preset.
True Bypass / Bi-colour LED indicator
Viberator utilizes True Bypass switching system on both mono and stereo channel. Status LED flashes in time with the speed setting and lights yellow when the effect is bypassed or blue when the effect is engaged.
Viberator accepts standard 9V DC on the input which is internally converted and regulated to 15V DC (Uni-Vibe operating voltage) to assure plenty of headroom and dead silent operation. Viberator also utilizes internal reverse power polarity protection circuitry.
- Power Input Voltage: 9V DC
- Power input connector: 5.5mm / 2.1mm barrel connector (Center Negative)
- Power Consumption: ~ 75mA
- Size: 4.4” x 2.3”
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.