Super-rare and complete Moog Syn Amp for sale serviced and in excellent working order and superb condition - designed by Bob Moog himself. Features 400w amp, 4 x Moog Parametric EQ, Ten Band Moog Graphic Eq, Moog Spring Reverb and Compressors for each amp. Speaker stack: 2 x15" drivers, mid range horn and tweeter unit....Read more
Super-rare and complete Moog Syn Amp for sale serviced and in excellent working order and superb condition (see note re speaker testing and cosmetic condition below). This unit contains many sought-after high-quality Moog processors and was designed by Bob Moog himself. It is very loud and heav.
See photos for more information on cosmetic condition (to follow).
Full spec from the original Moog catalogue is below.
This 400w amp features four channels of Moog Parametric EQ, a Ten Band Moog Graphic Eq, Moog Spring Reverb and Compressors for each amp. Overhauled by our techs - sounding great and fully-functional. We were keeping this for our studio, but the speakers take up a great deal of space and we'd prefer not to split the set.
There is a two-part speaker stack comprising 2 x 15" drivers, mid range horn and wide dispersion tweeter.We've not yet hooked the speakers up to the amp as they're currently in storage, but will do so before shipping. Apparently when they tested it in the Moog factory at full tilt, it nearly deafened everybody!
It's in excellent condition overall and presents very well. Everything functions as it should and the speakers come with covers for transport. One of the integral wheels on the main speaker unit is broken, and there are scuffs/marks/dings to the external surfaces as you'd expect but overall it's in very clean condition.
This is a very heavy set and will ship via van delivery rather than regular courier. We're suggesting delivery only to mainland UK or EU. It would be possible to crate and ship to the USA, but the cost is likely to be in the many hundreds if not four figures. We would consider splitting the set if the buyer only wants the main unit, but would prefer a complete sale.
UK buyers, expect shipping in the region of £150 plus, depending on location; European buyers expect £250 plus...
From the original Moog catalogue:
Ask a recording engineer - violins require one mike, while guitar require another. Ask a sound reinforcement technician - one speaker suits the bass while another suits the horns. Even amps have to vary as instruments vary. That's why even the thought of creating the SynAmp was such a vast concept - because the synthesizer is such a vast instrument with so many sounds. The SynAmp was created to sound superb with every sound the synthesizer makes. And it was developed with expert help of the people who advanced the synthesizer ever since its beginnings - Moog Synthesizers have proven to be truly outstanding instruments. And now, thanks to the SynAmp, they'll sound more outstanding than ever.
• 400 watts continuous average power output. User selectable as 2 x 200 watts biamp or 2-200 watt full range power amplifiers
• Four input channels (capable of taking up to eight inputs with LED overload indication)
• Three band parametric equalizer for each input channel
• 10 Band Graphic Equalizer
• Effects Channel for detachable reverb section, switchable to external effects source
• Internal headphone monitor amplifier and house sound kill button for changing, checking or adjusting input levels of synthesizer patches without turning system down. Warning light indicates house sound off
• 60dB range peak reading meter
• Internal four pole active crossover and equalizer for Biamp use
• Two compressors - one for each amplifier with indication lamps
• Clipping indicator for each power amp
• Comprehensive back panel for various patching operations
• Amp and Speaker test facility
• Two 15' low frequency premium grade drivers in computer assisted vented enclosure design
• Compression driver and horn mid-range
• Compression driver wide dispersion tweeters
• Mid and High frequency driver protection circuitry with automatic reset
• Speaker cover panels for protection during transit
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide. Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths, rare racks, and even a CS-80 or two - you name it, we've sent it and it has arrived in one piece and ready to play.
SHIPPING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE ITEMS:
We keep it simple: if you buy more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item that has the highest shipping cost. This is the same no matter how many items you buy together (so the more you buy together, the bigger your shipping discount). If you check all the items out all together this will be calculated automatically at checkout. However, if you make an order and then wish to add to it before it ships please get in touch and we will refund the shipping on the item(s) that are cheaper to ship.
CAN I COLLECT MY GEAR (and save on shipping?)
Yes! If you want to use this option either get in touch before you purchase, or contact us afterwards and we will just refund you the shipping. Note that collection is by appointment only and only during weekday office hours.
MORE SHIPPING INFO:
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. To see shipping costs put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
It is a fact that, with vintage items, there are going to be times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop. However, having been working with sensitive vintage gear for many years, we are very experienced at dealing with these occurrences and will always work with you and get the problem solved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on +44 1773 856475.
Which carriers do we use?
We usually use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs) - just let us know what you need.