Stock photo used - NOTE: This unit is not yet available and the photo is of a similar unit we sold. It should be ready to ship by late March 2016 - pre order now...Read more
Binson PE603-T disc echo for sale in superb cosmetic condition and working order, serviced, calibrated and modified for varispeed operation.
Our restored Binson Echorecs continue to be in demand. If you're looking for a Binson in excellent working order backed by our guarantee and aftercare, please contact us now to register your interest
This unit is in superb working order - tested and fine-tuned to our complete satisfaction. It was originally restored by Eric Snowball and has had significant further work from our Binson engineer to bring it up to modern safety standards and top operating condition.
This machine only runs on 110v (USA/Canada) or 220v (Europe) - for UK/Australia, it will require the use of a step-up transformer which we can supply if required.
We ensure that our Binson buyers get a machine in top operational condition which should give many years good service. We have many satisfied Binson customers worldwide and guarantee complete satisfaction.
This is a solid state (transistor) model and has been modified for vari-speed operation. The 603 allows any head to be switched to replay or regeneration, giving the user access to a wide range of multiple and scatter echoes.
It will go into self-oscillation very swiftly on certain settings if required (this can be adjusted via the internal trimpot for more subtle or extreme effects, but it's been set-up for optimum performance) and it's capable of all sorts of cosmic noises - Binsons do tend to encourage experimental noise-mongering. The repeats are not hifi - this is after all 50 year-old technology - if you want perfect repeats, buy a digital delay.
The condition is excellent with only minor signs of use - the oxidation on the side sections and a few scuffs to the casing (it's built like a tank!) are the only real signs of age.
Binson Echorecs are amazingly-engineered machines: where a tape echo's (ie Copicat) input sound is recorded to tape, on a Binson it is recorded onto a circular spinning disc which has replay heads positioned around it. It is possible to select single and repeating echoes - these units have a sound all of their own. They look fantastic at night (or on a darkened stage) with the magic eye valve glowing green and the backlit plexiglass fascia.
Binsons were one of the must-have pieces of equipment for bands in the early sixties, alongside the Fender Stratocaster and Vox AC30. Famously-used and abused by Barrett, Gilmour, Waters and Wright of Pink Floyd in the 60s and early 70s (Echorec 2s are very much in evidence on Live at Pompeii and can be seen on photos from many Floyd live shows), Binsons are increasingly sought-after today by studios, mix engineers and producers for their unique sound: Michael Brauer (Stones, McCartney, Coldplay) famously has an Echorec 2 in his arsenal of vintage delays.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Also note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
If you are considering a purchase and want to check you have our best rate then please always contact us direct and we will give you an exact figure.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.