This pedal nails the sound of a Marshall 1959 Super Lead Plexi - I feel like David Gilmour leaning back into a wall of vintage valve amps, on headphones!...Read more
- £290.00 ex VAT (£348.00 inc VAT )
The Gurus “1959 Double Decker” pedal from Italy.
We really like this pedal, we think it's pretty unique and for the range of functionality it's great for money. We've included the demo video & description from Gurus below, but first you should read Tony's new Gurus 1959 blog post on how he went from "yet another overdrive pedal" to it becoming an absolute essential for him that has had him playing more guitar than he has for years.
The pedal comes a 2 year warranty from Gurus.
"Inspired by the legendary British tone of 1959, The Double Decker combines the two worlds of historic amps, from blues to hard rock in one device. From slight crunch and sexy tone to boosted hi-gain levels. We also doubled its potential uses, from the big stage to the bedroom. The 1959 Double Decker can be used with an amp or DAW and everything is doubled!
Two independent channels equipped with Gain, Volume and an entire tone stack for better sculpting of your tone.
Post Boost with Volume control can be activated on all three stages of the unit, (Bypass, Floor 1, Floor 2) and it is self-disengaged simply by pressing another button.
Tube FX Loop with series/parallel switch (especially useful when used with amps with no effects loop or series only).
Remote outs for connections with analog switchers.
Balanced/unbalanced D.I. Out with Direct/Emulated option (Speaker Sim. of a 2x12” - V30/SM57) that can be used simultaneously with the standard output of the unit or alone as interface for excellent quality audio recordings.
When we designed the 1959 DD, we always kept in mind the sound we wanted to produce with rich details, harmonics and an organic sound with tons of dynamics: an “in-your-face” tone. We also wanted to create a device which could easily obtain these great tones with effective and intuitive controls.1959 DD required a lot of engineering work to fit the size, despite using the high quality components normally used in amplifiers and with the important consideration of space.
To keep the standard pedals power supply (9-12VDC Negative tip), we pushed our Twin Dynamic ™ over the limit, making it able to increase the input voltage many times so as to obtain the maximum dynamic range of the signal. 1959DD is your perfect companion on the stage, both as an "Overdrive warehouse" on your large pedal board, or in a small setup with the effects placed in the loop. It is also great for studio or home use providing your records an excellent starting point for your guitar sound, Simply connecting it to your PC with or without Speaker simulator.”
NOTE THAT THE PHOTOS BELOW ARE OF AN IDENTICAL UNIT WE SOLD - THE SERIAL OF THE UNIT OFFERED HERE WILL BE DIFFERENT - GET IN TOUCH IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE EXACT SERIAL NUMBER AVAILABLE.
THIS LISTING IS FOR ONE GURUS 1959 DOUBLE DECKER, THE WATKINS V-FRONT DOMINATOR IS AVAILABLE - PLEASE GET IN TOUCH FOR DETAILS.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.