Brand: Clouds Hill
Available now: a boutique, high end tube-based booster from the talented minds behind Clouds Hill Studio and FX in Hamburg, Germany. More information & a demo below, but f...Read more
- £379.17 ex VAT (£455.00 inc VAT )
Hand-wired, high end tube-based booster from the talented minds behind Clouds Hill FX.
More information & a demo below, but first here's a quote from the first of our customers to receive one of these pedals:
"This is the finest booster I've ever heard. Ever. If you're looking for a centaur, I would recommend this instead. I like it into my 5 watt amps for the most harmonically rich searing lead tones I've heard. Imparts presence, clarity and an exploding quality in a 3D-esque manner to notes. Laut is right. Laut is magic. Thank you @cloudshillmusic and @soundgasltd"
Clouds Hill FX is the brainchild of Johann and Sebastian from the stunning analogue Clouds Hill Recordings studio in Hamburg. First they brought us the ultra-limited and pretty amazing Floppy Disc Delay. This is their second creation and it's beauty is it's simplicity - simply the best booster you will hear.
Here's the full run-down from Clouds Hill:
Handwired by our technicians and thoroughly tested by the musicians at Clouds Hill, this beautifully simple pedal has been 100% handmade in Hamburg.
Conceived to prevent signal loss from long chains of pedals, the valve booster strengthens signal output without the need to increase volume. Thicker and much more assertive, the signal becomes so clear that we are actually able to recognise the individual brand of the valve inside the pedal.
And, not only does it sound great with guitars and basses, we also use the pedal to improve DI signals with synthesizers, reamp badly recorded material, boost gain from a quiet source or for distortion and valve harmonics. In fact, this pedal is so versatile, it can be used to improve the listening experience of music on your Hi-Fi at home.
- ECC83 or 12AX7 Tube inside
- 12V AC, 600mA (powersupply included)
- selected NOS and high quality components
Further information: http://cloudshillfx.com
Note: We cannot provide power supplies to customers buying in the USA, although we would recommend using a Amigo AM-121200A or something similar.
For sales in UK/EU the price will include VAT. VAT-free sales are possible to businesses and individuals in the EU (outside the UK) with a valid VAT Number - please get in touch if you wish to buy this way.
Some of our gear will have VAT at 20% added in the UK/EU, but a lot of it won't. This should hopefully clarify the situation but if you have any questions then please get in touch.
ITEMS WITH VAT:
- These items will have two prices visible: with and without the tax.
- If you are buying in the UK/EU you will receive an invoice showing the tax component.
- If you are buying these items outside the EU when you get to the check out and enter your shipping location you will be charged the ex-VAT price.
- VAT-free sales are also possible to businesses within the EU with a valid VAT number. You will need to contact us in order to buy via this means.
ITEMS WITHOUT VAT:
- Much of what we sell is classified as "Second Hand Goods" and so while we still pay some tax, there is no recoverable/deductible component for sales to any part of the world.
- So, the price you see is the price you pay wherever you are.
- Shipping charges are also subject to VAT at 20% within the UK/EU - this is included within the prices you see for shipping to those areas - it is not shown separately in the cart but will be shown on the VAT invoice you receive with your goods.
WE OFFER FREE SHIPPING TO THE UK! There are some exclusions for distant areas and islands (see below), and also some occasional exclusions for very large/heavy/valuable items which will be clearly noted in the item descriptions.
IMPORTANT! BUYING MORE THAN ONE ITEM FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK?
- You will need a bespoke shipping quote!
- Our shipping calculator on here won't give you the right figure (and may well not give you one at all).
- Please get in touch via the contact page and we can give an accurate shipping figure for multiple items.
- If it is outside office hours and you are concerned about missing a piece of gear then buy it at the quoted shipping rate, send us a message saying what else it is you want to add, and we will deal with the discount once we are back on email.
- You can do this with absolute confidence that we will give you a full refund if the final shipping quote is doesn't work for you.
We are very experienced at packing and shipping valuable and sensitive gear worldwide - Binson Echorecs, large valve amps, vintage synths - you name it, we've sent it and it's arrived in one piece. Obviously from time to time with vintage items there are times when gear arrives in need of some adjustment or calibration, and some times a piece of gear that was working 100% just chooses the day after arriving for a new fault to develop - however, we are also very experienced at dealing with these occurences and will always work with you to solve the problem
The shipping prices for our gear vary considerably depending on the type of gear, value and destination. Currently the only way for you to see shipping is to put the item you are interested in the cart and then either use the shipping estimator or go into the check out process. Or just contact us and we'll tell you what you need to know.
Note that we have have not entered automatic shipping for every country. The countries we ship to most often will have shipping rates and we are in the process of adding more shipping fees to the check out process. But if you are looking at an item that doesn't have the fee information you need then please use the contact page or call on 07543 855788.
Also note that for some items we are able to discount shipping to North America - continental USA and Canada. The fees you see at check out will take this discount into account. But if you have a question... you know what to do.
WHO DO WE USE?
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DPD/Interlink - it depends on the item and destination as to which is the most economical. If you have a preference then we should be able to accommodate it (but we may need to pass on any additional costs).
EXCLUSIONS TO FREE UK SHIPPING:
We are not able to ship free to some of the UK islands (e.g. Channel Islands) and also to some of the further reaches of Scotland. If you think you might be in one of those area and want an accurate shipping quote before you buy then please get in touch.
There are also some items which we cannot offer free shipping on to the UK. These will be clearly noted in the description.