ENNER is a very expressive sound tool that can generate bits, pads, FX, noises, clicks, glitches, but also function as a cool vocal mic with built-in analog FX and much more!
We are so excited to finally get our hands on this synth. Enner is another groundbreaking instrument from the incredible minds at Soma. An intuitive genuinely new approach to making/playing music, this promises to be something very special indeed.
On order – in 2 weeks – we may have an open box unit here – please email for details
A musician with a rich imagination and who’s experienced in playing ENNER can perform an entire exciting gig using just this synth.
As an instrument, ENNER is a unique analog synthesizer with the key principle being that all signals that make sound pass through and are managed by your body. Your hands become the central part of the circuitry. Touching different contact pads with different parts of your fingers and palms with different amounts of pressure, letting signals pass through your body defines the mixing, volume, timbre, feedback and other parameters of synthesis. Human skin has much more complex electric properties than we think. Our skin provides not just resistance but also some capacitive properties and even nonlinear dependence of conductivity from current, its direction and time during which the current was applied. All of this affects the sound, making you the key part of the synthesis process.
All pots of ENNER are metallic and also function as inputs or outputs. Touching a pot can change not only the parameters but also patch the audio signals.
ENNER consist of:
1. The array of filters with fixed frequency properties (the triangle in the center): the stereo high pass filter (HPF), the stereo bandpass filter (high mid – BPFH), the stereo bandpass filter (low mid – BPFL), the stereo lowpass filter (LPF). Stereo means that the filters have separate inputs for left and right channels as well as separate outputs. Sliding on the filters’ pads with your fingers you can create a rich stereo image where each channel may have not only individual volume properties but also timbral ones. The outputs of the filters are mixed together and connected to the main output. Also in the triangle, you have a stereo direct input (DIR) that lets you bypass the filters.
2. The modulated stereo delay. The input of the delay is the two pads on the top of the triangle (DLY blue). The output of the delay is mixed with filter output and connected to the main output. Also, you have delay output connected to the pads placed on the left and right sides from the top of the triangle (DLY orange) that lets you create feedback and other interesting effects. The delay has two separate lines (left and right) with individual TIME controls (ВРЕМЯ pots), common FEEDBACK and the common pot that defines the amount of self-modulation (BIZZARE). The ВРЕМЯ pots are also touch inputs for delay time modulation.
3. On the right side of ENNER, there is a five-voice synthesizer with individual adjustment of frequency for each voice (TUNE knobs) with the possibility to change the pitch of all voices simultaneously (PITCH knob). TUNE knobs are also the outputs of the voices, so by touching them you can patch the voices to the filter’s inputs. The synthesizer has separate output pads for each voice (pads OUT 1-5), individual modulation inputs (MOD 1-5) and ring modulation outputs (the RING 12, 23, 34 numbers indicate which voices are sources for the ring modulation). Connecting MOD and OUT pads of one voice with your fingers will pitch it up. The fifth voice has an additional modulation pad MOD 5- which can shift the pitch of the fifth voice down (connect it to +12 pad or any pad that has some positive signal including the output of the fifth voice).
4. On the left side of ENNER, there is the second synth that has one master generator, the output of which is divided six times by two with individual outputs for each stage of division (PULSE 1-6). This synth is aimed at creating rhythmical clicks, basses and octave tones. The frequency of the master generator is defined by the TEMPO knob. The output pads &1,2,3 are logical multiplications of different PULSE outputs giving additional and more complex rhythm combinations.
5. ENNER is also an electro-acoustic noise instrument. It has a piezo pickup attached to the front panel that captures sound from the casing itself. There is metallic spring and you can attach rubber bands to the panel to create various acoustic sounds. The piezo mic can capture clicks and scratches you make with your fingers, and it also allows you to create filtered feedback. Not only that, it can even capture your voice singing over the panel! To get sound from the piezo you have to connect the PIEZO OUT pad with some filters or delay inputs. Applying filters and delay on the piezo out while the panel works as a mic, catching the audio signal from the speakers connected to the ENNER output lets you create very cool acoustic feedback-based effects. PIEZO GAIN adjusts the piezo sensitivity.
6.The bottom of the triangle (NOISE pad) is the output of static pink noise.
7.External in (EXT socket and EXT pad) lets you send an external audio signal to ENNER and process it through the array of filters, delay and other ENNER stuff.
All of these features make ENNER a simple yet powerful kit of sound sources and FX that give you a rich and diverse sound palette with many possible playing techniques that you can change very fast as there is no other control over the sound other than your touches.
ENNER was inspired by and developed together with Danish sound-artist SiSTOR (Dalin Waldo). She created the design of the front panel (pads layout and handwritten inscriptions) and she came up with the name ENNER.
Supplied with a switching transformer for use anywhere in the world
For sales in UK the price will include 20% VAT. Buyers elsewhere may incur VAT or other local taxes on import.
Grabbed a Roland RE-201 (early edition killer pre-amp) and Roland DC-50. Absolutely STUNNING. These guys truly live up to the hype. They are meticulous in caring for the gear. Also, I have a few guitar pedal and plug-in emulations of tape-echo sounds and after plugging in the real unit I can't tell you how insane the difference is. It is incredible. Especially that tone from the early pre-amp! I am totally amazed. I am in heaven :) They made it safely to Nashville from the UK and were packed really really well! Thank you so much!! Worth every penny.
“I purchased a completely overhauled vintage valve Binson Echorec 2 T7E modified with varispeed, wet-only output, and a new paint job from Soundgas in early 2018. Tony and his team did an amazing job during every step of the purchase”
"Soundgas offer a great service, sourcing esoteric gear that works great."
"The packing job to get it over to the US was superb, and the sound and performance of my Space Echo exceeds all of my expectations. I hope to do business with Soundgas again in the future. Many thanks!”
"Yes, sure, you can find a Space Echo on eBay, but you won’t find one like this — that’s certain. I am so pleased with my decision to buy from Soundgas, and suggest you stop your search now and just send them a message. You will undoubtedly find yourself writing an ecstatic review about yours in short time."
"Excellent equipment, wonderful service. I fully recommend Soundgas to anyone in the vintage gear market and I will definitely be a return customer. The gear itself was exactly as advertised and in great condition."
“I’ve bought a number of items from Soundgas recently, and have been really impressed with their service. It takes the stress out of buying vintage gear to know it’s been properly (and faithfully) serviced or restored. Their after-sales service has also been exemplary. Highly recommended.”
"When you are spending big money of vintage gear it's nice to have the confidence of impeccable service, sales and support... some of the best in the industry! Impeccable people, incredible equipment… my poor poor fiancé"
“I have bought two Moog synths from Soundgas over the past year, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about their selection of vintage products, the level of service, diligent responses to email, and expedient shipping with copious protective packaging. Soundgas is an impressive operation. My synths also sound amazing! These folks have made my vintage keyboard dreams come true in short order!”
"Soundgas has an unbelievable selection of the cool, old stuff that’s hard to find. Tony knows his stuff and goes out of his way to make sure the transaction is a smooth one. Thanks guys!"
“If you are a vintage audio gear head then this is the place you have been looking for all your life. Pretty much any piece of classic or obscure kit that you are after is available here... But the clincher for me is that the gear they sell has been restored by their top techs (unless otherwise noted) which is really very important when dealing with, for example, synths from 30 years ago.”
Fantastic. From initial contact to the product landing at my door the service provided was outstanding. Safe and secure shipping, quality serviced product.
"Still in shock! Can not believe how good the seller is. This product was inspected, and shipped from the UK to the USA quicker than orders from my home state. Highly recommend these guys."
"DREAM. COME. TRUE. My music has taken me around the world a few times...and if you are like me and absolutely adore vintage gear...Soundgas is the stuff of LEGENDS. It's the shop that people like us search for our whole lives- fantastic and rare selections, and the technical know-how to repair and or mod these vintage items to get them into shape to flow with your modern setup."
"Soundgas provided the absolutely top service in terms of item quality as well as service and communication. Shipping was fast, packing was top notch. These people deserve the best reputation they already have. Many many thanks, guys."
Just wanted to say thank you so much for your pinch roller and echo tape. I've had a space echo for years, been sent to a shop in NYC and it never worked quite right. After installing the roller and tape, my echo works like a dream. Really incredible expertise you all have! Thank you.
“If not a new language, then at least a very challenging, old dialect that will take me some time to assimilate. I’ve been waiting a long time for the challenge. Thank you @soundgasltd, she’s a beaut...and nobody prepares and packs like you fine folks.”
“The Space Echo made its way to me - it looks and sounds beyond dreams, thanks guys for your great service and communication.”
“Imagine the perfect eBay.... with everything you never knew you wanted… and you can rest assured that your vintage and rare wobbly sound device will turn up on time and in one piece and possibly in even better condition that when it left the workshop. Soundgas - literally amazing."
"Just received my Roland RS 505 Paraphonic! Thanks so much - arrived very promptly, well packaged, in great condition and sounds amazing! Best seller."
"Engaging with old gear can sometimes be filled with a lot of uncertainty, and I can't imagine what more could be done to reduce this aspect of it on top of the service you provide. Really phenomenal and I couldn't be happier."
"Finally, a company that tracks down all those brilliant curiosities that bring so much character and personality to a studio."
As good as it gets. Tony, Dec and team have been incredible, prompt communication, great advice and outstanding service. It really felt like my Polysix came from a loving home.
I have been buying vintage stuff for a long time from resellers/stores/techs. I've never been so surprised and pleased after opening! Just received a Roland RE-201 and VX55 mixer, they look and sound amazing! Thanks to Tony/Declan for the service and the Soundgas team will be back!
Purchased a Juno-60 and it works beautifully. Having gotten one teched before, I knew it was worth paying a premium to get it future proofed and Soundgas does just that. Shipped professionally from the UK to USA. Appreciate their expertise and professional demeanor!
“The perfect place to hear, learn about and then buy your most wanted piece of vintage music gear! I've not only managed to buy a rare piece of equipment I really wanted, but I have the guarantee it's been serviced, and I got it from people who are clearly passionate and knowledgeable about what they do, as well as super friendly and responsive by email. Thoroughly recommended!”
"Packed with love and care. A stampede couldn't have crushed this thing. Works great and sounds like a dream. I love you Soundgas."
"808 is up and running. It’s hard to stop playing it. Like even to eat. Extending testing is quality control and the quality of your stuff combined with customer service is one of the reasons Soundgas is so successful in my opinion."
We cover just some of what it can do with a directory of videos for you to refer to. Given the flexibility of this box, we're...
PUBLISHED: 16th Feb 2023
In which our intrepid explorer stumbles across a pair of CS-80s in a barn deep in the Midlands. Find out more and see photos before they...
PUBLISHED: 25th Nov 2022
We stand behind our gear with a guarantee of your satisfaction - see the FAQ section above for full details and buy with complete confidence.
When buying more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item with the highest shipping cost. Calculated automatically at checkout.
Get in touch via the contact page. We know & love our gear and we want to ensure you get something that matches your needs (that, and we just like talking gear).