Super-rare and complete Moog Syn Amp for sale serviced and in excellent working order and superb condition (see...
This item has sold. Contact us for information about what we have incoming.
Super-rare and complete Moog Syn Amp for sale serviced and in excellent working order and superb condition (see note re speaker testing and cosmetic condition below). This unit contains many sought-after high-quality Moog processors and was designed by Bob Moog himself. It is very loud and very heavy.
See photos for more information on cosmetic condition (to follow).
Full spec from the original Moog catalogue is below.
This 400w amp features four channels of Moog Parametric EQ, a Ten Band Moog Graphic Eq, Moog Spring Reverb and Compressors for each amp. Overhauled by our techs – sounding great and fully-functional. We were keeping this for our studio, but the speakers take up a great deal of space and we’d prefer not to split the set.
There is a two-part speaker stack comprising 2 x 15″ drivers, mid range horn and wide dispersion tweeter.We’ve not yet hooked the speakers up to the amp as they’re currently in storage, but will do so before shipping. Apparently when they tested it in the Moog factory at full tilt, it nearly deafened everybody!
It’s in excellent condition overall and presents very well. Everything functions as it should and the speakers come with covers for transport. One of the integral wheels on the main speaker unit is broken, and there are scuffs/marks/dings to the external surfaces as you’d expect but overall it’s in very clean condition.
This is (as has already been mentioned) a very heavy set and will ship via van delivery rather than regular courier. We’re suggesting delivery only to mainland UK or EU. It would be possible to crate and ship to the USA, but the cost is likely to be in the many hundreds if not four figures. We would consider splitting the set if the buyer only wants the main unit, but would prefer a complete sale.
UK buyers, expect shipping in the region of £150 plus, depending on location; European buyers expect £250 plus…
From the original Moog catalogue:
Ask a recording engineer – violins require one mike, while guitar require another. Ask a sound reinforcement technician – one speaker suits the bass while another suits the horns. Even amps have to vary as instruments vary. That’s why even the thought of creating the SynAmp was such a vast concept – because the synthesizer is such a vast instrument with so many sounds. The SynAmp was created to sound superb with every sound the synthesizer makes. And it was developed with expert help of the people who advanced the synthesizer ever since its beginnings – Moog Synthesizers have proven to be truly outstanding instruments. And now, thanks to the SynAmp, they’ll sound more outstanding than ever.
• 400 watts continuous average power output. User selectable as 2 x 200 watts biamp or 2-200 watt full range power amplifiers
• Four input channels (capable of taking up to eight inputs with LED overload indication)
• Three band parametric equalizer for each input channel
• 10 Band Graphic Equalizer
• Effects Channel for detachable reverb section, switchable to external effects source
• Internal headphone monitor amplifier and house sound kill button for changing, checking or adjusting input levels of synthesizer patches without turning system down. Warning light indicates house sound off
• 60dB range peak reading meter
• Internal four pole active crossover and equalizer for Biamp use
• Two compressors – one for each amplifier with indication lamps
• Clipping indicator for each power amp
• Comprehensive back panel for various patching operations
• Amp and Speaker test facility
• Two 15′ low frequency premium grade drivers in computer assisted vented enclosure design
• Compression driver and horn mid-range
• Compression driver wide dispersion tweeters
• Mid and High frequency driver protection circuitry with automatic reset
• Speaker cover panels for protection during transit
The first live gig from the Soundgas Studio. A pair of EMS Synthi AKS back-toback producing the fabulous music of Pin Park.
PUBLISHED: 22nd May 2019
Last week we took a trip to Berlin to visit three studios - Frank Wiedemann's Innervisions studio, DJ Shonky's compact, vintage synth-heavy set up, and Nils...
PUBLISHED: 8th May 2019
We stand behind our gear with a guarantee of your satisfaction - see the FAQ section above for full details and buy with complete confidence.
When buying more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item with the highest shipping cost. Calculated automatically at checkout.
Get in touch via the contact page. We know & love our gear and we want to ensure you get something that matches your needs (that, and we just like talking gear).