The Prophet-10 module puts ten voices of Sequential’s legendary analog poly synth on your desktop.
A Synth Legend On Your Desktop
Like the full keyboard version, it’s “the best of all Prophet-5s” because it embodies all three Prophet-5 revisions — Rev1, Rev2, and Rev3 — through the use of genuine Curtis analog VCOs and filters (as in the Rev3) as well as new 2140 low-pass filters designed by Dave Rossum, like the 2040 filters he designed in the original Rev1 and Rev2. A Rev switch lets you choose between the two filter designs. It also adjusts the Filter Envelope’s shape and response to match the original Prophet Rev 1/2 or Rev 3 respectively.
The result is as pure a renewal of an analog classic as you could wish for, with the authentic, muscular sound of the original and the roadworthiness of a state-of-the-art modern instrument.
Vintage Sound, Vintage Knob
In addition to sourcing genuine Prophet-5 hardware components, we did extensive research into exactly what made the original sound the way it did — warm, organic, and alive. We found that much of this desirable character was due to slight fluctuations and differences in the response times and frequencies of the individual VCOs, filters, envelopes, and amplifiers from voice to voice.
To give the same mojo to the new Prophet-5/Prophet-10, we created the Vintage knob. Use it to dial in as much old-school randomness as you’d like. Go from a very stable “4” — as in Prophet-5 Rev4, which is how we refer to the new version in house — all the way to “1,” as in Prophet-5 Rev1, the rarest and most temperamental of all Prophet-5s.
Poly Mod and Enhanced Unison
In addition to the unmistakable tone of its oscillators and filters, much of the classic sound of Prophet-5 was the result of Poly Mod, which is faithfully present here as well. True to the original, modulation sources are Filter Envelope and Oscillator B. Destinations include Oscillator A frequency, Oscillator A pulse width, and low-pass filter. The range of sounds possible defy its simplicity. Another welcome reprise is Unison mode, which now features configurable voice count (1-10 voices) with variable detuning, and chord memory. And now Glide works both in and out of Unison.
Velocity and Aftertouch
Though our mission was to make the new Prophet-5/Prophet-10 as accurate, authoritative, and true to the original as possible, we couldn’t resist adding a couple of modern enhancements to increase expressiveness: velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. These enable the new Prophet-5/Prophet-10 to perform in ways the original never could by putting filter sweeps, LFO mod, and volume changes at your fingertips.
Bi-timbral for Layers and Splits
The Prophet-10 bi-timbral, meaning that it can play two different programs simultaneously. In this mode, each program is allocated five voices. Use this capability to layer two programs for thicker, more powerful pads or chord stabs. Alternatively, split the keyboard into two
independent performance zones and play synth bass in the lower range and leads or chords in the upper range.
Effortless to Program
The purity of the new Prophet’s sound is matched only by its simplicity to program. The knob-per-function front panel gives you instant gratification and immediate access to all sound-shaping controls. Toggling off the Preset button enables live panel mode, where the Prophet-10 switches to the current settings of its knobs and switches. What you see is exactly what you hear. Included are 200 permanent factory programs and 200 rewritable user programs, including the original 40-program sound set from 1978 that found its way onto countless recordings and film soundtracks back in the day and beyond.
The Whole Package
All of this punchy, powerful, analog goodness is housed in a compact steel case with USB, MIDI, Gate and CV ins/outs, and premium-quality, hand-oiled, sustainable black walnut heartwood trim.
The new Prophet-10 desktop module — history never sounded better.
Prophet-10 Desktop Specifications
• Two authentic CEM 3340 voltage-controlled oscillators per voice
• Simultaneously selectable wave shapes. Oscillator A: sawtooth, pulse. Oscillator B: sawtooth, triangle, pulse.
• Pulse width per oscillator
• Hard sync: Oscillator A syncs to Oscillator B
• Low frequency mode (Oscillator B)
• Keyboard tracking on/off (Oscillator B)
• Oscillator A amount
• Oscillator B amount
• White noise amount
• Four-pole, resonant, low-pass filter per voice
• Switchable between authentic versions of the Prophet-5 Rev1/2 filter and Prophet-5 Rev3 filter
• Rev1/2 filter is a Dave Rossum-designed 2140, the modern counterpart of the original 2040 filter found in the Prophet-5 Rev1 and Rev2
• Rev3 filter is a Doug Curtis-designed CEM 3320
• Filter can be driven into self-oscillation with the Resonance control
• Keyboard tracking: off, half, full
• Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
• Velocity modulation of envelope amount
• Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
• Velocity modulation of envelope amount
LOW FREQUENCY OSCILLATOR
• Three wave shapes: sawtooth, triangle, square. All waveshapes can be engaged simultaneously
• Both Initial Amount and mod wheel control
• Mod destinations: oscillator A frequency, Oscillator B frequency, Oscillator A and B pulse width, filter cutoff
• Sources: filter envelope and Oscillator B
• Destinations: Oscillator A frequency, Oscillator A pulse width, filter cutoff
• Recreates the characteristics of various Prophet-5 models by varying the behavior of oscillators, envelopes, amplifiers, and other parameters. Go from a very stable “4” — as in Prophet-5 Rev4, (the new version) — all the way to “1,” as in Prophet-5 Rev1, the rarest and most temperamental of all Prophet-5s.
• Channel (mono) aftertouch
• Destinations: filter cutoff frequency, LFO amount
• Layer mode: two different 5-voice programs stacked together simultaneously
• Split mode: two independent, user-assignable performance zones, with a different 5-voice program assigned to each.
• Polyphonic glide (portamento)
• Unison (monophonic) mode with configurable voice count, from one to all five voices and key modes
• Preset switch: when off, the front panel is live; what you see is what you hear
• 200 user and 200 factory programs in 5 banks of 40 programs each
• Direct program access, including Prophet 5-style single-button access to the current set
of 8 programs
• Mono output (1 x 1/4” phone jack)
• Headphone output (stereo, 1/4” phone jack)
• MIDI in, out, and thru ports
• USB for bidirectional MIDI communication
• Control voltage in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack) 0- +5V input/output signal. Configured for 1- volt-per-octave operation.
• Gate in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack). Accepts a 1.5 to 15-volt on/off signal to gate the envelopes of a single voice on the Prophet-5. Outputs a 15-volt on/off used to gate the envelopes of an external synth.
• Low-pass filter cutoff expression pedal input
• Volume expression pedal input
• Sustain footswitch input
• IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
• Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; Prophet-5:20 watts maximum power consumption.
• 20.75′′ L x 7.4′′ W x 3′′ H (52.70 cm x 18.8 cm x 7.62 cm)
• Roadworthy all-steel case with premium black walnut heartwood trim
Brand new item.
For sales in UK the price will include 20% VAT. Buyers elsewhere may incur VAT or other local taxes on import.
Switchable voltage for use anywhere in the world.
“Imagine the perfect eBay.... with everything you never knew you wanted… and you can rest assured that your vintage and rare wobbly sound device will turn up on time and in one piece and possibly in even better condition that when it left the workshop. Soundgas - literally amazing."
"Yes, sure, you can find a Space Echo on eBay, but you won’t find one like this — that’s certain. I am so pleased with my decision to buy from Soundgas, and suggest you stop your search now and just send them a message. You will undoubtedly find yourself writing an ecstatic review about yours in short time."
“I purchased a completely overhauled vintage valve Binson Echorec 2 T7E modified with varispeed, wet-only output, and a new paint job from Soundgas in early 2018. Tony and his team did an amazing job during every step of the purchase”
“If you are a vintage audio gear head then this is the place you have been looking for all your life. Pretty much any piece of classic or obscure kit that you are after is available here... But the clincher for me is that the gear they sell has been restored by their top techs (unless otherwise noted) which is really very important when dealing with, for example, synths from 30 years ago.”
"When you are spending big money of vintage gear it's nice to have the confidence of impeccable service, sales and support... some of the best in the industry! Impeccable people, incredible equipment… my poor poor fiancé"
"Just received my Roland RS 505 Paraphonic! Thanks so much - arrived very promptly, well packaged, in great condition and sounds amazing! Best seller."
“I have bought two Moog synths from Soundgas over the past year, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about their selection of vintage products, the level of service, diligent responses to email, and expedient shipping with copious protective packaging. Soundgas is an impressive operation. My synths also sound amazing! These folks have made my vintage keyboard dreams come true in short order!”
"Engaging with old gear can sometimes be filled with a lot of uncertainty, and I can't imagine what more could be done to reduce this aspect of it on top of the service you provide. Really phenomenal and I couldn't be happier."
"Soundgas has an unbelievable selection of the cool, old stuff that’s hard to find. Tony knows his stuff and goes out of his way to make sure the transaction is a smooth one. Thanks guys!"
“I’ve bought a number of items from Soundgas recently, and have been really impressed with their service. It takes the stress out of buying vintage gear to know it’s been properly (and faithfully) serviced or restored. Their after-sales service has also been exemplary. Highly recommended.”
"Excellent equipment, wonderful service. I fully recommend Soundgas to anyone in the vintage gear market and I will definitely be a return customer. The gear itself was exactly as advertised and in great condition."
"The packing job to get it over to the US was superb, and the sound and performance of my Space Echo exceeds all of my expectations. I hope to do business with Soundgas again in the future. Many thanks!”
Fantastic. From initial contact to the product landing at my door the service provided was outstanding. Safe and secure shipping, quality serviced product.
Just wanted to say thank you so much for your pinch roller and echo tape. I've had a space echo for years, been sent to a shop in NYC and it never worked quite right. After installing the roller and tape, my echo works like a dream. Really incredible expertise you all have! Thank you.
“The perfect place to hear, learn about and then buy your most wanted piece of vintage music gear! I've not only managed to buy a rare piece of equipment I really wanted, but I have the guarantee it's been serviced, and I got it from people who are clearly passionate and knowledgeable about what they do, as well as super friendly and responsive by email. Thoroughly recommended!”
"Soundgas offer a great service, sourcing esoteric gear that works great."
"Packed with love and care. A stampede couldn't have crushed this thing. Works great and sounds like a dream. I love you Soundgas."
I have been buying vintage stuff for a long time from resellers/stores/techs. I've never been so surprised and pleased after opening! Just received a Roland RE-201 and VX55 mixer, they look and sound amazing! Thanks to Tony/Declan for the service and the Soundgas team will be back!
Grabbed a Roland RE-201 (early edition killer pre-amp) and Roland DC-50. Absolutely STUNNING. These guys truly live up to the hype. They are meticulous in caring for the gear. Also, I have a few guitar pedal and plug-in emulations of tape-echo sounds and after plugging in the real unit I can't tell you how insane the difference is. It is incredible. Especially that tone from the early pre-amp! I am totally amazed. I am in heaven :) They made it safely to Nashville from the UK and were packed really really well! Thank you so much!! Worth every penny.
Purchased a Juno-60 and it works beautifully. Having gotten one teched before, I knew it was worth paying a premium to get it future proofed and Soundgas does just that. Shipped professionally from the UK to USA. Appreciate their expertise and professional demeanor!
“The Space Echo made its way to me - it looks and sounds beyond dreams, thanks guys for your great service and communication.”
"Finally, a company that tracks down all those brilliant curiosities that bring so much character and personality to a studio."
"DREAM. COME. TRUE. My music has taken me around the world a few times...and if you are like me and absolutely adore vintage gear...Soundgas is the stuff of LEGENDS. It's the shop that people like us search for our whole lives- fantastic and rare selections, and the technical know-how to repair and or mod these vintage items to get them into shape to flow with your modern setup."
"808 is up and running. It’s hard to stop playing it. Like even to eat. Extending testing is quality control and the quality of your stuff combined with customer service is one of the reasons Soundgas is so successful in my opinion."
As good as it gets. Tony, Dec and team have been incredible, prompt communication, great advice and outstanding service. It really felt like my Polysix came from a loving home.
“If not a new language, then at least a very challenging, old dialect that will take me some time to assimilate. I’ve been waiting a long time for the challenge. Thank you @soundgasltd, she’s a beaut...and nobody prepares and packs like you fine folks.”
"Still in shock! Can not believe how good the seller is. This product was inspected, and shipped from the UK to the USA quicker than orders from my home state. Highly recommend these guys."
"Soundgas provided the absolutely top service in terms of item quality as well as service and communication. Shipping was fast, packing was top notch. These people deserve the best reputation they already have. Many many thanks, guys."
In which our intrepid explorer stumbles across a pair of CS-80s in a barn deep in the Midlands. Find out more and see photos before they...
PUBLISHED: 25th Nov 2022
Our report on Soundgas' return to this excellent show: what we did, who we met, what drew the crowds, and some of the things that piqued...
PUBLISHED: 11th Oct 2022
We stand behind our gear with a guarantee of your satisfaction - see the FAQ section above for full details and buy with complete confidence.
When buying more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item with the highest shipping cost. Calculated automatically at checkout.
Get in touch via the contact page. We know & love our gear and we want to ensure you get something that matches your needs (that, and we just like talking gear).