Ampeg SVP-PSB in full working order and very good condition. Bass preamp designed by Ampeg for bass legend...
Ampeg SVP-PSB in full working order and very good condition.
Bass preamp designed by Ampeg for bass legend Billy Sheehan.
Spec from the manual:
A unique piece of gear for the discriminating bassist, with two separate channels – clean and overdrive – and the ability to combine the two channels into a third, at the touch of a button. We even gave each channel its own effects loop and level-controllable balanced XLR output jack. In designing the SVP-BSP, we were careful not to lose the harmonically rich sound of Ampeg’s SVT bass amps. This dynamic preamp still delivers unsurpassed quality, reliability and tonal flexibility, and offers the classic vibrancy of tubes as well as many new features.
In the world of high performance bass amps, Ampeg’s SVT amplifiers stand alone. Keeping with true Ampeg tradition, the SVP-BSP Bass Preamp offers you more performance and flexibility than any other preamp in its class.
• PAD: Perfect for basses with active electronics or very “hot” pickups
• MUTE SWITCH: Cuts the sound from the preamp, letting you tune your bass in private
• TWO SEPARATE CHANNELS: Choose between the clean channel, the overdrive channel, or both, for a wide variety of sounds
• COMPRESSOR SWITCH: Evens out your volume by governing the dynamic range of the preamp
• ULTRA LOW, ULTRA HIGH AND GAIN BOOST SWITCHES: For additional tonal flexibility – lets you further tweak your sound
• VARIABLE MIDRANGE SELECTOR: Custom select your center frequency point to get just the right midrange voice
• GATE SWITCH: Keeps things quiet in between bass riffs
• FOOTSWITCH CONTROL: Use a two-button footswitch (like Ampeg’s AFP-2) to control channel selection and muting
• TWO EFFECTS LOOPS: Lets you add your effects to either channel
• TWO PREAMP OUTPUTS: Each channel has its own 1/4” jack to send its signal to separate amps/speakers if desired
• TWO TRANSFORMER-BALANCED XLR OUTPUTS: Each channel has its own XLR jack (with level control) to send a balanced signal from the preamp
We cover just some of what it can do with a directory of videos for you to refer to. Given the flexibility of this box, we're...
PUBLISHED: 16th Feb 2023
In which our intrepid explorer stumbles across a pair of CS-80s in a barn deep in the Midlands. Find out more and see photos before they...
PUBLISHED: 25th Nov 2022
We stand behind our gear with a guarantee of your satisfaction - see the FAQ section above for full details and buy with complete confidence.
When buying more than one item you only pay the shipping on the item with the highest shipping cost. Calculated automatically at checkout.
Get in touch via the contact page. We know & love our gear and we want to ensure you get something that matches your needs (that, and we just like talking gear).